Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Riker Ipsum

I recommend you don't fire until you're within 40,000 kilometers. We could cause a diplomatic crisis. Take the ship into the Neutral Zone You bet I'm agitated! I may be surrounded by insanity, but I am not insane. Congratulations - you just destroyed the Enterprise. Yes, absolutely, I do indeed concur, wholeheartedly! Flair is what marks the difference between artistry and mere competence. I can't. As much as I care about you, my first duty is to the ship. Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you. Mr. Worf, you sound like a man who's asking his friend if he can start dating his sister. I'm afraid I still don't understand, sir. About four years. I got tired of hearing how young I looked. I will obey your orders. I will serve this ship as First Officer. And in an attack against the Enterprise, I will die with this crew. But I will not break my oath of loyalty to Starfleet. Not if I weaken first. Talk about going nowhere fast. You did exactly what you had to do. You considered all your options, you tried every alternative and then you made the hard choice. Maybe we better talk out here; the observation lounge has turned into a swamp. I've had twelve years to think about it. And if I had it to do over again, I would have grabbed the phaser and pointed it at you instead of them. Wait a minute - you've been declared dead. You can't give orders around here. I guess it's better to be lucky than good.

No comments:

Post a Comment